Chicken and Waffle Kebabs
Prep 20M | Bake 20M | Enjoy in 40M
These chicken and waffle kebabs are a fun twist on a Southern classic, perfect for serving at a party or tossing in the kids’ lunch. Just add maple syrup for serving.
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Cups Panko bread crumbs (seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp garlic salt)
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 eggs, beaten with 1 tbsp water
1/2 cup flour
Mini frozen waffles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In one bowl, add olive oil to panko crumbs along with salt and garlic salt and mix well with a fork.
- Add the flour, eggs, and chicken to 3 separate bowls.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil and place a wire baking rack on top. If you don’t have a wire rack, it’s fine to place the chicken directly on top of the parchment or foil, but just make sure to flip the chicken over halfway during the baking time so each side gets evenly crisped.
- Dip each piece of chicken in flour, followed by egg and panko. Place on your baking rack.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes in the oven, rotate pan in between baking.
- While the chicken is baking, toast the waffles, set aside.
- Skewer chicken and waffles, alternating, onto bamboo sticks and serve with syrup.