Prep 30M | Bake 8M | Decorate!
GetJoyfull Gingerbread will warm your heart and belly this holiday season. Sure, they’re almost too beautiful to eat, but when you take your first bite you’ll be glad you did. After all, these stars are bursting with equal parts joy, fibre, iron, and healthy fat.
Be sure to make a double batch of GetJoyfull Gingerbread dough. Give the gift of family time wrapped with love, and trimmed with a festive new cookie cutter.
Whole Wheat, Whole Health:
Whole wheat provides an easy- to-eat source of fibre. Because most of the fibre is insoluble, it passes through the stomach, providing fuel for beneficial gut bacteria, contributing to your overall wellbeing. For more nutrition facts about whole wheat, click here.
2 cups whole-grain wheat flour
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add whole grain wheat flour, almond meal, chia, spices, baking soda, and powder to a medium bowl. Stir with a fork, or whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl combine oil, molasses, sugar, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes to bring all ingredients together, and form dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator for for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness, and cut into festive shapes.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and allow cookies to cool completely on cookie rack.
- Decorate with royal icing, or chocolate.
- Sprinkles are never a bad idea.