Cinnamon Sugar Banana Sour Cream Bread
Prep 10M | Bake 1Hr | Enjoy in 1Hr 10M
We know what you’re thinking, adding sour cream to banana bread just sounds wrong, but it’s so, so right. Rich sour cream mixed with a dash of cinnamon and sprinkled sugar make this moist banana bread the best we’ve ever had.
3 ¼ cups sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup butter
6 extra ripe or brown bananas, mashed
1 16-ounce container sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 °F. Grease four 7×3-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Set on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes before you slice the bread.