Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Prep 30M | Cook 8H | Enjoy in 8H 30M
You can put this cozy slow cooker stew on to cook in the morning and your house will smell wonderful by the time supper rolls around.
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 lb. stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups beef broth
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
¾ cup frozen peas
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl or resealable bag. Toss the beef in the flour mixture, ensuring all sides of the beef are evenly coated.
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat and brown the beef.
- Transfer the browned beef to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except the peas. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving add the peas to the slow cooker. Cook until peas are heated through.
- Serve with fresh baked bread and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 ½ cups)
14 g fat
24 g protein
20 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate)
4 g fibre
292 mg sodium