Berry Zucchini Oatmeal Muffins
Prep 10M | Bake 30M | Enjoy in 40M
These muffins are made with whole wheat flour and oats to increase fibre and keep you feeling full. Zucchini and berries give them a great texture and boost of flavour, along with some antioxidants! This recipe is part of our April meal plan.
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup large flake oats
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup zucchini, grated and excess water removed
1 cup frozen berries
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, milk, melted butter, eggs and zucchini and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Pour into muffin tin and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per one muffin
4 g fat
5 g protein
30 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate)
3 g fibre
118 mg sodium