Blueberry Banana Bread
Prep 10M | Bake 30M | Enjoy in 40M
This loaf won’t last long. Fresh blueberries add a healthy and flavourful twist to a classic golden loaf of banana bread. Fresh blueberries not in season where you live? No problem! Frozen blueberries can be used instead.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 extra ripe or brown bananas, mashed
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease three 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and blend into the butter mixture before adding the second egg along with vanilla extract. Beat mashed bananas thoroughly into the mixture. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in small increments while beating until just combined into a thick batter.
- Fold blueberries into the batter and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Set on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes before you slice the bread.