Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Prep 10M | Bake 50M | Enjoy in 1Hr
If you dream of chocolate, this Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is for you. Semisweet chocolate chips and Dutch cocoa are the star ingredients of this mouth-watering loaf. Ready in just 1 hour, it’s impossible to eat just one slice of this chocolatey sweet banana bread.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 large extra ripe or brown bananas, mashed
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup coconut oil
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, bananas and coconut oil. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth;
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Set on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes before you slice the bread.