Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Prep 25M | Bake 45 M| Enjoy in 1Hr 15M
Cinnamon raisin bread is one of those smells that’s instantly recognizable. Whether you’re baking a fresh loaf or just toasting up a slice, the sweet smell of cinnamon and raisins is bound to make your mouth water. This recipe is perfect if you’re planning on having company over for the weekend, or if you just want something different for breakfast in the mornings. Just toast a slice and add a little butter or your favourite nut butter for a simple breakfast the whole family will love.
2 packets active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
¼ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons salt
6 – 6 ½ cups blend of whole wheat and all-purpose flour (Blend about half of each)
1 cup raisins
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water. Wait 5 minutes or until the yeast foams up, then add ½ cup sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups of the flour. Combine until everything is smooth, then mix in remaining flour until you have a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, kneading until you have a smooth and elastic dough. Place dough ball into a greased bowl, turning once to fully coat in oil. Cover and let rise until it doubles in size, about one hour.
- Punch the dough down and place back onto a floured surface. Divide the dough in half, then add ½ cup raisins to each half. Knead the raisins into each piece of dough, then form each piece into a rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar and sprinkle over the dough pieces.
- Tightly roll each dough rectangle, pinching seams to seal as you go. Place seam side down into two greased loaf pans. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, or around 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and then bake loaves 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and let cool on a wire rack.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.