Citrus Pound Cake with Grilled Pineapple
Prep 20M | Cook 1H 35M | Enjoy in 2H
Get out that grill and make this homemade pound cake! In this recipe, both the cake and the fresh pineapple are lightly grilled to bring out their natural sweetness. This recipe is part of our May meal plan.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
¼ cup milk (1%)
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
½ fresh ripe pineapple, peeled and cored
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9 ½ x 5 inch loaf pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, orange zest, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until combined. Add milk, orange juice and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then carefully invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- Cut pineapple into 8 long spears. Set aside. Cut cooled pound cake into 10 slices.
- Grill pound cake and pineapple spears on a lightly greased grill over medium heat, until lightly browned and grill-marked, about 2 minutes per side. Cut pineapple into smaller pieces before serving.
- Serve pound cake with grilled pineapple. Enjoy!
Serves 10 (1 slice cake + ½ cup pineapple per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
22 g fat
7 g protein
62 g carbohydrate (60 g available carbohydrate)
2 g fibre
211 mg sodium