Prep 10M | Bake 20M | Enjoy in 30M
Sweet and savoury with the perfect balance of soft and crumbly – that’s this classic cornbread. Top with butter and honey to bring the flavour to the next level.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs.
4. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined (do not overmix). Transfer batter to pan and smooth top.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.