Cranberry Pistachio Loaf
Prep 15M | Cook 1H | Enjoy in 1H 15M
The kind of fruitcake you’ll want to try this holiday season. Our wholesome and hearty cranberry pistachio loaf looks just as festive as it tastes! This recipe is part of our December meal plan.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
2 tsp orange zest
¾ cup orange juice
¼ cup canola oil
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, oil, egg and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until almost fully combined but some dry patches remain. Gently fold in cranberries and pistachios and stir until just combined.
- Spread batter in a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 50–55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 8 (1 slice per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
12 g fat
6 g protein
48 g carbohydrate (44 g available carbohydrate)
4 g fibre
474 mg sodium