Easy Bran Muffins
Prep 10M | Cook 18M | Enjoy in 28M
They’re deliciously soft and moist and they’re full of flavor making them the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack!
Served warm with a bit of butter and a little drizzle of honey, these are going to be the breakfast your family requests over and over again!
In this recipe, Spend with Pennies combined two of her favorite muffin recipes to create a bran muffin that is soft and tender and extra moist from adding in mashed bananas.
Served warm with a drizzle of honey, these banana bran muffins are sure to become a favorite!
Makes 12 muffins.
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins
2 large eggs, room temperature
⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup mashed bananas, (3 small)
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Whisk together. Stir in raisins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, bananas, buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients. Add egg mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For this great recipe and more, visit and follow Spend with Pennies.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.