Easy Crunchy Garlic Croutons
Prep 15M | Bake 20M | Enjoy in 35M
A salad isn’t complete without croutons, and honestly, we’ve been known to end up eating more croutons than lettuce on more than one occasion. Use up that leftover bread and amp up any salad with this easy crouton recipe.
5 cups of bread cubes (about 3/4 of a loaf)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, parsley and pepper. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir to combine then set aside.
- Cut your bread into 3/4 inch cubes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle mixture from saucepan over your chopped bread and toss until bread cubes have an even coating.
- Spread bread on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve with your favourite salad!
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.