Egg Salad Sandwiches
Prep 5M | Cook 15M | Enjoy in 20M
Egg salad has been around since the early 1900s, and we understand why these sandwiches stuck around. Creamy and rich, these sandwiches use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. This recipe is part of our June meal plan.
6 large eggs
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup diced celery
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill, or 1 tsp dried dill
1 tbsp chopped green onion
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp salt
8 slices whole wheat bread
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a gentle boil (not a rapid boil).
- Using a spoon or tongs, gently lower eggs into water. For hard-cooked eggs, cook for 12-13 minutes. For medium-hard cooked eggs, cook for 9-11 minutes.
- Once done cooking, remove eggs from water and plunge into ice water immediately. Add more ice to water if ice melts. Do not peel eggs until completely cooled.
- Peel and chop the eggs, then combine all ingredients except bread in a medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to 4 pieces of bread, dividing equally. Place second piece of bread on top of filling to enclose sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per sandwich
11 g fat
22 g protein
34 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate)
5 g fibre
616 mg sodium