English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
Prep 15M | Cook 25M | Enjoy in 40M
This English muffin breakfast sandwich is similar to one you’d get at the golden arches, but includes added greens, garlic and chili flakes for an extra boost of nutrients and flavour. Make a batch over the weekend and individually wrap and freeze them for an easy breakfast on the go! This recipe is part of our February meal plan.
6 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
3 slices bacon or ham, cut into 4 to 6 pieces
3 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
1 clove minced garlic
6 whole wheat English muffins
6 slices cheddar cheese
Pinch chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Using a spoon, skim off all but 1 tbsp fat in pan. Add spinach, garlic and chili flakes and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly then add to egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into six well-greased muffin cups, dividing mixture equally.
- Bake just until eggs are set, about 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins and spread with butter if desired.
- Place one egg onto bottom half of each English muffin and top with a cheese slice.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake just until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Add top half of English muffins to close sandwiches.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 6 (1 sandwich per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
15 g fat
19 g protein
29 g carbohydrate (24 g available carbohydrate)
5 g fibre
619 mg sodium