Farro Vegetable Soup
Prep 20M| Cook 60M| Enjoy in 80M
Farro is a protein and fiber-packed whole grain that’s rich in nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants. Its chewy texture makes it great for soups and stews, like this farro vegetable soup. Loaded with fresh vegetables and nutritional whole grains, this soup will warm you up on those chilly winter days while filling you with nutrients.
Learn more about this ancient grain and where to find it in the grocery store here.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
3 stalks celery, finely diced
4 large carrots, sliced into rounds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups vegetable stock
2 cups farro, quick cook
15 ounces canned lentils, drained and rinsed
28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, celery, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir into the vegetables and cook for two minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir to combine. Place a lid on the pot and cook for 30-35 minutes, until carrots are almost cooked.
- Stir in the farro and lentils. Place the lid back on the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, and stir it into the soup. Turn the heat off and let the soup sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with more parsley, if desired.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.