PREP 15M | BAKE 25M | ENJOY IN 55M
These easy-to-make bagels will please even the pickiest of bagel connoisseurs. Coming in at less than 200 calories per bagel and high in protein and fibre, you can feel good about starting your day with one of these classic breakfast foods. And with just five ingredients and no yeast, you’ll have fluffy golden bagels in less than an hour!
1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 egg, beaten
optional toppings: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Add in the yogurt and stir until well combined. The dough may look crumbly.
- Lightly dust flour on a cutting board and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough until it is tacky, but not sticky.
- Divide dough into four balls. Roll each ball into 3/4-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagel shape.
- Brush beaten egg on both sides of the bagel and top with seasoning of your choice.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting.