Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Prep 10M | Cook 20M | Enjoy 30M
These burritos are easy to prepare, and they freeze well for a quick and filling breakfast any day of the week. Try making a few different types of burritos with a variety of ingredients to suit your personal preferences!
2 tsp canola oil, divided
1 lb (454 g) uncooked turkey sausages, casings removed
8 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp milk (1%)
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp pepper
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 can (398 mL) refried beans
3 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salsa, for serving
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Remove casings from sausages and then add to frying pan, breaking up with a spatula, and cook until browned through. Remove from heat and transfer cooked sausage to a plate.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, smoked paprika and pepper. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of canola oil in same frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs, and cook, stirring constantly, until just set. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread each tortilla with 3 tablespoons of refried beans, then top with sausage, eggs, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro, dividing equally.
- Fold in ends of tortillas then roll up to enclose fillings. Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil or wax paper, then place in a large freezer bag. Freeze for up to two months.
- To heat, remove from foil and microwave, turning once, until heated through, about 5–7 minutes, or bake at 375⁰F until heated through, about 25–30 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!
Serves 8 (1 burrito per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
18 g fat
26 g protein
33 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
1126 mg sodium