Grilled Vegetable Feta Flatbread
Prep 10M | Cook 15M | Enjoy in 30M
Barbecues aren’t just for hamburgers and hotdogs. This flatbread filled with veggies and feta is an easy summer appetizer or lunchtime recipe to prepare on the grill. This recipe calls for eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes but you can use choose any vegetable combination you want! This recipe is part of our July meal plan.
1 large eggplant, trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices
1 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 large tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
2 10-inch whole wheat flatbreads
- Preheat grill to low-medium heat, about 400°F. Keep one half of the grill on low heat and one half on medium.
- Brush eggplant slices and zucchini slices with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill, turning often, until tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Combine the chopped eggplant and zucchini with tomatoes, cheese, mint and the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flatbread on the cooler side of the grill. Cook just until heated through and grill marked, about 2 minutes. Flip flatbreads over and distribute half of the vegetable mixture on each of the crusts.
- Cover the grill and cook, rotating the flatbreads once or twice until the toppings are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the grill.
Serves 4 (½ flatbread per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
13 g fat
9 g protein
24 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate)
10 g fibre
719 mg sodium