Ham and Cheese Dutch Baby Pancake
Prep 10M | Cook 30M | Enjoy in 40M
Whole wheat flour is made by grinding the whole wheat kernel (or wheat berry), with the nutritious germ and bran still intact. The resulting flour is high in fibre and has a slightly nutty flavour. It is well-suited to a variety of baking projects, like breads, muffins, crackers, waffles, pancakes and more. This recipe is part of our April meal plan.
6 large eggs
½ cup milk (1%)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
¾ cup diced ham
½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, chives, dill, salt and pepper. Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Stir in cheese and ham.
- Heat butter in a large cast iron frypan over medium heat until foamy. Swirl pan to spread butter evenly in pan.
- Pour batter into pan and tilt pan to ensure it is spread evenly. Remove from heat and transfer to oven.
- Cook until puffed and lightly browned at the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Pancake will deflate slightly after removing from oven.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Serves 6 (1 wedge per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
17 g fat
18 g protein
13 g carbohydrate (12 g available carbohydrate)
1 g fibre
668 mg sodium