Holly Jolly Biscotti
Prep 15M | Bake 50M | Enjoy in 65M
Holly Jolly Biscotti by GetJoyfull is perfect for dipping in your favourite cup of holiday cheer. Tart cranberries, and crunchy pistachios sparkle like holiday lights in this classic Italian cookie. A delightful mix of Canadian wheat flour, and almond meal gives this twice-baked wonder an irresistible crunch.
Wheat flour for fuel
Wheat flour provides your body with carbohydrates, the body’s main source of energy. They fuel your brain, kidneys, heart, and other muscles to keep you powered up throughout the day. Learn more about the five important nutrients found in whole grain wheat.
Gift a batch of Holly Jolly Biscotti with a festive mug, and delicious locally-roasted coffee.
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup almond meal
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted raw pistachios
2/3 cup dried cranberries
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
4 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add wheat flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl. Stir with a fork, or whisk to combine.
- Add pistachios, and cranberries, and stir again to coat fruit, and nuts.
- Add butter, honey, and vanilla to another medium bowl. Use a whisk, or electric mixer to combine ingredients. Add eggs, one at a time, until mixture is creamy, and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Using a spatula, gently fold ingredients until batter forms, and fruit and nuts are evenly distributed.
- Pour batter onto parchment paper, and form a log.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife cut biscotti into 1” slices, and arrange on parchment paper cut side down.
- Bake again for 20-25, flipping halfway, or until golden on both sides.
- Allow biscotti to cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Store for up to two weeks.