Italian Mini Meatloaves
Prep 15M | Cook 35M | Enjoy in 50M
These mini meatloaves are individually portioned by cooking them in muffin tins. Not only are they packed with protein and fibre to keep you feeling full, but they are delicious and incredibly versatile too! Try throwing them in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner. This recipe is part of our July meal plan.
1 tsp olive oil
¾ cup finely chopped onion (1 small onion)
1 cup grated zucchini
½ cup grated carrot
4 cloves minced garlic
2 large eggs
¾ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup marinara sauce, divided
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp chili flakes
1 lb. lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Heat oil in a medium frypan over medium heat. Add onions, zucchini and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened and excess moisture has evaporated, about 3–4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl. Allow to cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Add eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup marinara sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, oregano and pepper flakes to vegetables. Stir to combine evenly. Add ground beef and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with muffin papers.
- Spread remaining ½ cup marinara sauce evenly over top of meatloaves, dividing equally.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F, about 25–30 minutes.
Serves 5 (2 mini meatloaves per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
16 g fat
30 g protein
18 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate)
4 g fibre
484 mg sodium