Kale Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep 25M | Cook 40M | Enjoy in 1H
A blend of fresh kale, romaine and a yogurt-based dressing, this kale chicken Caesar salad is satisfying enough to be tonight’s dinner. Homemade sourdough croutons add delicious crunch. This recipe is part of our February meal plan.
Ingredients - Croutons:
2 cups sourdough bread cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp melted salted butter
Pinch kosher salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp oregano
Ingredients - Salad:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp anchovy paste
4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and melted butter. Drizzle slowly over bread cubes, tossing to coat evenly.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and oregano in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread cubes, tossing to coat evenly.
- Transfer bread cubes to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 5-6 minutes, until croutons are lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cook for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once cool enough to handle, slice chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and anchovy in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine kale and romaine lettuce. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with sliced chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 4 (2 cups salad, 1 chicken breast, ½ cup croutons, 2 tbsp dressing per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
16 g fat
52 g protein
15 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate)
2 g fibre
559 mg sodium