Key Lime Pie
Prep 15M | Cook 15M | Enjoy in 2H 30M
A dessert that can help with gut health? We’re in! Many Greek yogurts contain probiotics like S. Thermophilus or L. Acidophilus, which are beneficial bacteria that multiply in the gut. These probiotics can help prevent bacterial infections and maintain gut health, and the Greek yogurt makes the recipe taste extra creamy too. This recipe is part of our March meal plan.
Ingredients - Graham Crust:
1¼ cups graham crackers, broken
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
Ingredients - Filling:
1/3 cup cold water
1 7 g envelope unflavoured gelatin
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 300 mL can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham crackers, butter, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cold water and gelatin in a small saucepan and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Once gelatin is softened, heat mixture over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, yogurt and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk to combine. Whisk in gelatin mixture.
- Gently pour the lime mixture into pie pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and lime slices. Enjoy!
Serves 10 (1 slice per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
4 g fat
12 g protein
46 g carbohydrate (46 g available carbohydrate)
0 g fibre
194 mg sodium