Mason Jar Raspberry Cream Parfaits
Prep 20M | Cook 1H M35 | Enjoy in 2H
Don’t skimp on your picnic dessert. These raspberry cream parfaits can be prepared a day in advance in mason jars, so they are ready to take with you for your outdoor meal. They’re fruity and refreshing when the hot sun breaks through the clouds—give them a try!
2 cups frozen raspberries
3 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp cornstarch
1 cup whipping cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together orange juice, lemon zest and cornstarch. Whisk into raspberry mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3–4 minutes.
- Transfer raspberry mixture to a heat-proof bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat together whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla until medium-stiff peaks form. Add yogurt and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Layer raspberry mixture, whipped cream mixture and graham crumbs in small mason jars or serving glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 4 (1 parfait per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
27 g fat
6 g protein
55 g carbohydrate (49 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
161 mg sodium