Mediterranean Egg Wraps
Prep 10M | Cook 10M | Enjoy in 20M
Spinach, red peppers, feta and fresh eggs wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla make for a quick and easy healthy breakfast or lunch on the go.
2 tsp canola oil, divided
10 cups spinach
1 tsp garlic powder
9 large eggs, beaten
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup sliced roasted red peppers
6 small whole wheat tortillas
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic powder and cook until spinach is completely wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer cooked spinach to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to frying pan.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently until eggs are just set, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle feta cheese down center of each tortilla. Top with spinach, eggs and roasted red peppers, dividing equally. Roll wraps tightly to enclose filling.
- If desired, wraps may be covered individually with plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months. To re-heat, remove plastic wrap and transfer egg wrap to a paper towel. Microwave until heated through, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 6 (1 wrap per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
16 g fat
17 g protein
27 g carbohydrate (21 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
510 mg sodium