Mexican Turkey and Black Bean Tacos
Prep 20M | Cook 15M | Enjoy in 35M
For a twist on a classic, try these turkey and black bean tacos. They are packed full of veggies and a great source of protein, fat and fibre—the perfect combination to keep you feeling full for longer. This recipe is part of our July meal plan.
1 tsp canola oil
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced green pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
½ tsp salt
1 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onions, pepper and garlic and cook until softened, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 7–8 minutes.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro.
- Spoon meat mixture into tortillas. If desired, top with salsa, avocado or any other desired toppings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serves 6 (1 taco per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
10 g fat
25 g protein
17 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
447 mg sodium