Prep 15M | Cook 1H | Enjoy in 1H 15M
There’s nothing like fresh baked bread. This multigrain bread is filled with a variety of feel-good grains and seeds. This recipe makes two loaves, so you can enjoy one fresh out of the oven and save one in the freezer.
1¾ cups warm water
1 tbsp active dry yeast
1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
¾ cup large flake oats
2 tsp salt
1/3 cup wheat germ
¼ cup cornmeal
2 tbsp quinoa (raw)
2 tbsp millet
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Stir to combine. Set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer yeast mixture to a stand mixer fitted with flat beater attachment. Add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, salt, wheat germ, cornmeal, quinoa, millet, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds.
- Mix on low speed just until combined and a shaggy dough is formed. Remove flat beater and switch to a dough hook.
- Combine oil, molasses and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add to mixer. Continue mixing on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium-low and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer into an oiled bowl and cover with a clean damp tea towel. Let rise until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2-2 -2 hours.
- Cut dough in two portions and flatten with fingertips. Roll into a log and place into parchment-lined loaf pans, seam side down. Sprinkle with some extra oats and seeds.
- Cover with damp tea towel and allow to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30- 40 minutes. Let loaves cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool completely on a rack before slicing. Cut each loaf into 14 pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 28 (1 slice per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 slice)
4 g fat
4 g protein
17 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate)
2 g fibre
14 mg sodium