Noodles, Sourdough Style
PREP 20M | COOK 5M | ENJOY IN 25M (+ OVERNIGHT)
Take your homemade noodles up a notch by making them with your sourdough starter. Once you’ve got the noodle making down, you can add these to dishes like soups, stews or alongside your favourite pasta sauce.
1 cup sourdough starter
3 cups whole wheat flour
6 egg yolks
- Pour the sourdough starter into a mixing bowl. Add the flour and yolks to the starter.
- Mix thoroughly until the mixture forms a ball.
- Let sit for eight hours or overnight.
- Place ball on counter and roll it out very, very thin. Trim the edges to make a rectangle.
- Slice the noodles in whatever shapes you please.
- Boil the noodles in well-salted water until tender to the bite. Drain and serve with desired sauce, in soups or stews.