One Pan Maple Salmon Dinner
Prep 5M | Cook 15M | Enjoy 20M
Enjoy some of the best flavours of home with this one pan maple salmon. Cooking the couscous while the salmon and asparagus are in the oven cuts the prep time in this meal so you can enjoy a warm, balanced meal in 20 minutes.
4 85g salmon fillets
4 cups asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup chopped onion
⅔ cup whole wheat couscous
1 cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place salmon and asparagus on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Stir together 2 tsp olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice and maple syrup. Drizzle mixture over salmon and vegetables.
- Bake until salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in a medium non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add couscous and stir until evenly coated.
- Add broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit until liquid is absorbed and couscous is cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve salmon and asparagus with couscous. Enjoy!
Serves 4 (1 salmon fillet, 1 cup asparagus, ½ cup couscous per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
8 g fat
30 g protein
35 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
256 mg sodium