Oven-Toasted Garlic Bread
Prep 5M | Bake 20M | Enjoy in 25M
Spaghetti is pretty great on its own, but add the perfect loaf of garlic bread and you have a meal on your hands. Feel free to eat the whole loaf if you need to. The spaghetti will be better as leftovers.
This recipe combines butter and olive oil to ensure you get garlicky flavour in every bite. Grab your favourite loaf of Italian bread, butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese and get this loaf going.
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 loaf Italian bread
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine butter, oil, garlic and parsley in a bowl
- Cut bread into thick slices, leaving a little bit attached on each slice
- Pull apart and brush the butter mixture in between each slice, then sprinkle parmesan cheese between slices
- Wrap the loaf in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Open the top of the foil and bake for another 5 minutes to crisp the edges up.