Peanut Sauce Fettuccine with Shrimp and Veggies
Prep 10M | Cook 20M | Enjoy in 30M
Peanut sauce, known as bumbu kacang, is very popular in Indonesian cuisine. Often paired with skewered meat to make satay or as a dipping sauce with vegetables, this spicy, sweet sauce also works very well in pasta dishes like this shrimp fettuccine. This recipe is part of our August meal plan.
12 oz fettuccine noodles, uncooked
1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup snow peas, trimmed and halved
1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
2 cups bean sprouts
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup no-salt-added chicken broth
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar or white vinegar
1 tsp ginger root, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cook fettuccine noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, combine all ingredients except shrimp in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add cooked shrimp and stir just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and toss together with hot pasta. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 4 (1 ½ cup per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
8 g fat
44 g protein
75 g carbohydrate (67 g available carbohydrate)
8 g fibre
482 mg sodium