Cela’s Pound Cake Kebabs by GetJoyFull
Prep 10M | Bake 60M | Assemble 20M
Cela’s Pound Cake Kebabs by GetJoyfull are as yummy as they are beautiful! Life’s Simple Ingredient shines in this recipe with the nutty and delicious goodness of whole wheat flour. Fresh strawberries and yummy chocolate drizzle make this dessert perfect for your next picnic, or garden party.
Recipe developed, and quality tested by:
Makes 12-18 kebabs.
Ingredients - Pound Cake:
2 cups whole-grain wheat flour
4 large eggs
1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients - Skewers:
1 pound fresh strawberries
4 oz dark and/or white baking chocolate, to be melted
Pound cake squares
Prepare the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and dust with flour, shaking off excess flour.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter on a medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy (~ 2 minutes).
4. Add sugar and vanilla; beat again until fluffy.
5. Add one egg at a time, beating until incorporated.
6. Reduce the mixture speed to low. Add half of the flour mixture until blended, followed by the Greek yogurt, and then the remaining flour.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until the cake comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted into the centre. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Gently remove from the pan and let cool on a cake rack.
Assemble the Skewers
1. Clean and core strawberries. Cut cake into 1-inch squares. Alternate adding the strawberries and cake onto a skewer.
2. Place the finished skewers on a plate or parchment paper. Melt the chocolate and drizzle o Makes: 12-18 kebabs ver the finished skewers.
For more great recipes like this one, visit GetJoyFull.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.