Prep 10M | Cook 10M | Enjoy in 20M
These protein pancakes are a great breakfast option to help keep you fueled and feeling satisfied all morning! Eggs and cottage cheese mix well with Life’s Simple Ingredient, wheat, to give you an extra protein kick to jumpstart your day. This recipe is part of our July meal plan.
3 large eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp canola oil
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well. (See note)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to the cottage cheese mixture and stir just until combined.
- Heat oil in a frypan or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter per pancake into pan and cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a smoother batter, blend eggs, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender before combining with dry ingredients.
Serves 4 (2 pancakes per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
6 g fat
12 g protein
14 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate)
1 g fibre
271 mg sodium