Prep 10M | Cook 15M | Enjoy in 25M
We’re flipping out over these pumpkin pancakes! Pumpkin purée, molasses, ginger and cloves blend together to make fluffy and flavourful fall flapjacks. Serve with your favourite nut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
1½ cups canned evaporated milk
1 cup canned pure pumpkin purée
2 large eggs
1½ tbsp fancy molasses
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp canola oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, pumpkin purée, eggs, molasses, honey, vanilla and oil.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Using about ¼ cup batter for each pancake, cook pancakes on a lightly greased griddle or frypan. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with almond or peanut butter and a drizzle of syrup! If desired, serve an egg on the side or Greek yogurt for more protein.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 pancakes)
6 g fat
8 g protein
34 g carbohydrate (30 g available carbohydrate)
4 g fibre
458 mg sodium