Rhubarb Crumb Cake by The DIY Mommy
Prep 15M | Cook 45M | Enjoy in 1Hr
This recipe is provided by Christina of The DIY Mommy.
It’s rhubarb season over here! Do you love how zippy and tangy rhubarb is as much as I do?! It just tastes SO good mixed with sweeter things like ice cream or a sugary crumb topping. The other week, I shared my favourite strawberry rhubarb pie recipe, and today I wanted to share with you my go-to rhubarb cake recipe: this delicious rhubarb crumb cake! If you’re of German heritage like I am, you might also call it rhubarb streuselkuchen.
I really like this cake because it’s such a great mix of sweet and sour flavours. I also like that it’s made with yogurt for a lighter feel. The crumb topping makes my German roots so happy, too!
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup vanilla yogurt
4 cups diced rhubarb
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup softened butter
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13″ casserole dish with butter and flour.
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in the eggs and vanilla yogurt and then fold in the rhubarb.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix together ¾ cup sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in ¼ cup flour and cinnamon until the mixture is crumbly. I use my hands. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
For more great recipes like this, visit TheDIYMommy.com.
Get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.