Salmon Burgers with Spicy Mayo
Prep 15M + 1H refrigeration | Cook 8M | Enjoy in 1H 25M
These burgers are great for lunch or dinner. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids to keep your energy levels high to fuel you in all your summertime adventures. This recipe is part of our July meal plan.
1½ lb. boneless, skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2-inch cubes
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
½ tsp salt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp sambal oelek
¼ tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
5 whole wheat hamburger buns
½ ripe avocado, sliced
4 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- Add salmon to a food processor. Pulse until salmon is coarsely chopped, about 3–5 times. Do not overprocess into a fine purée.
- Transfer salmon to a medium bowl and add green onions, ginger, garlic, cilantro, chili flakes and salt. Stir just until combined. Form mixture into 4 patties. Transfer patties to a tray or a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sambal oelek and sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Carefully add salmon patties to pan and cook until lightly browned and salmon is fully cooked, about 3–4 minutes per side. Do not overcook.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on hamburger buns, dividing equally. Top with a salmon patty and sliced avocado and lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 5 (1 burger per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
17 g fat
34 g protein
23 g carbohydrate (19 g available carbohydrate)
4 g fibre
626 mg sodium