Salmon Dill Muffins
Prep 15M| Bake 25M | Enjoy in 40M
We know they sound…unique, but trust us when we say these protein-packed savoury muffins are worth a try. Make them ahead of time and freeze them for up to three months and you’ll always have an easy lunch or snack on hand.
2 tbsp olive oil
1½ cups finely chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped onion
1½ cups soft breadcrumbs
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup 1% milk
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
2 cans (170 g) salmon, drained and flaked
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Add salmon and dill and stir to combine.
- Fill greased muffin tin with mixture. There will be enough for 7 muffins.
- Bake until lightly browned and set, about 25-30 minutes.
Serves 7 (1 muffin per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
9 g fat
13 g protein
8 g carbohydrate (7 g available carbohydrate)
1 g fibre
363 mg sodium