Savoury Sourdough Crackers
PREP 50M | BAKE 20M | ENJOY IN 1HR10M
Crunchy, crispy and deliciously savoury, these sourdough crackers make an excellent pair with cheese, cured meats, dips or just on their own! Your starter gets put to good use with the combination of rosemary, sea salt and onion powder to make a delectable cracker.
1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp dried rosemary, finely chopped
flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except flaky salt and work into a dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and firm.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a roughly rectangular shape. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a piece of parchment paper, flour the surface and roll out one of the halves of dough into a rectangle. For thin, crispy crackers, roll the dough as thinly as possible.
- Using a pizza cutter, ravioli cutter, or sharp knife, trim the rough edges from the sides of the rectangle and discard.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the dough lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Cut dough into squares of desired size.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with the other half of your dough.
- Transfer both sheets of parchment to baking sheets. Place in oven on middle and bottom racks and bake for ten minutes, then rotate the baking sheets forward to back and top to bottom to ensure even cooking. Bake an additional eight to twelve minutes until the crackers begin to brown on the edges.
- Cool crackers completely before eating.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.