Simple Flour Tortillas by The DIY Mommy
PREP 20M | COOK 15M | ENJOY IN 35M
These flour tortillas by The DIY Mommy may be simple to make, but they are an absolute game changer for your family taco night. Try these with chicken, beef or black bean tacos.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
3 tbsp lard
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the lard, and then blend with a pastry blender until you get a sandy consistency.
- Add the water, and stir with a fork until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead it gently.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and form each portion into a ball. Let the balls rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Flatten each ball into a disk, and then roll each disk out into a thin circle with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
- Fry tortillas over medium heat until lightly browned in a hot cast-iron skillet. Flip and brown the second side.
- Keep tortillas warm until served.