Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
Prep 15M | Cook 5M | Enjoy in 25M
This easy slow cooker soup means there’s no dishes after dinner time! Coconut milk, Thai red curry and fresh ginger blend together to form a rich base for the chicken and noodles in this hearty soup recipe.
2 cups diced carrots
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced onion
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
8 oz spaghetti noodles
1 lime, juice and zest
Cilantro for garnish
- Add carrots, peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, curry paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth and chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high heat for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and add coconut milk. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- Just before serving, add lime juice and zest, noodles and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 4 (1½ cups per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
6 g fat
28 g protein
56 g carbohydrate (51 g available carbohydrate)
5 g fibre
653 mg sodium