Smoked Salmon Crostini with Whipped Ricotta
Prep 20M | Cook 10M | Enjoy in 30M
This recipe might not be a holiday classic, but after one bite you’ll want to make it a permanent feature in your holiday spread! With citrusy lemon and fresh dill, this appetizer makes a great snack or savoury breakfast. This recipe is part of our December meal plan.
30 slices whole wheat baguette, cut on a diagonal
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, cut in half
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup cream cheese, softened
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup fresh chopped dill
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
400 g smoked salmon, cut into strips
2 tbsp capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rub surface of each baguette slice with halved garlic. Return to oven and bake until crispy, about 5 more minutes. Set aside and cool completely.
- Add ricotta and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until mixture is fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Spread mixture on crostini and top with 1-2 slices smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle each crostini with a few capers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 10 (3 crostini per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
15 g fat
13 g protein
29 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate)
2 g fibre
578 mg sodium