Sourdough Pizza Crust
PREP 40M | BAKE 7M | ENJOY IN 47M
Next time that pizza craving hits, defer the delivery to another day and get out your sourdough starter—trust us. This sourdough pizza crust is simple to make but brings your pizza to another level by adding a nice tangy flavour to the base. Make it your own with your favourite toppings and you’ve got one flavour-packed pizza.
1½ cups fresh sourdough starter
4 to 5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1¼ to 1¾ cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Mix together the fresh sourdough starter, one tablespoon of oil, the salt and one and one-quarter cups of flour. Add more flour, a little at a time, as needed to form a pizza dough consistency.
- Allow the dough to rest for thirty minutes. Roll out the dough with minimal flour if needed.
- Bake the crust for approximately seven minutes.
- Remove crust and brush with olive oil.
- Top with cheese and toppings of choice and bake until edges are brown and cheese is melted.