Sunflower Seed Waffles
Prep 10M | Cook 10M | Enjoy in 20M
No need to buy waffle mix! These homemade waffles are easy to make, taste great and will keep you feeling full until lunchtime. This recipe is part of our May meal plan.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
¼ tsp salt
2 ripe medium bananas
3 tbsp canola oil
¾ cup milk (1%)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a blender, combine bananas, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla. Purée until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Cook in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per waffle
7 g fat
9 g protein
38 g carbohydrate (32 g available carbohydrate)
6 g fibre
221 mg sodium