Super Sourdough Waffles
PREP 5M | COOK 20M | ENJOY IN 25M
Sure, you could have your usual avocado toast on sourdough bread for your weekend brunch… but if you’re craving something fluffy and sweet, try out these super sourdough waffles. Coming together quickly but with an extra tangy punch, try topping these with homemade jam and fresh cream for the ultimate taste experience.
1 cup sourdough starter
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sourdough starter, milk, oil, sugar, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the flour and baking soda, and stir until combined. Adjust the flour or milk as needed.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place waffle on wire rack to cool and continue with remaining batter.
- Plate with your favourite toppings. Berries, whipped cream, maple syrup—that’s up to you!