Prep 20M | Cook 20M | Enjoy in 40M
These veggie tots are the healthier cousin of fast-food tater tots. With cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and onion, you can feel good about serving these as a side for tonight’s dinner.
1½ cups roughly chopped cauliflower
1½ cups roughly chopped broccoli
½ cup grated carrot
2 green onions, chopped
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water just until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer cooled broccoli and cauliflower to a food processor and pulse just until finely chopped but not fully puréed into a paste.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add carrots, green onions, cheese, eggs and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 20 balls. Flatten the top and bottom of each ball to create a cylindrical tot shape.
- Drizzle canola oil evenly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roll each tot in the oil to coat evenly and line up tots in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 tots)
10 g fat
10 g protein
21 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate)
3 g fibre
287 mg sodium