Zucchini Chickpea Fritters
PREP 15M | COOK 20M | ENJOY IN 35M
Get ready for a fibre-filled fritter with these ones! Zucchini, breadcrumbs and chickpeas work together to offer 8 grams of fibre per serving in these fritters. Fibre is an essential nutrient for digestive health, so be sure to whip up these Zucchini Chickpea Fritters for the sake of your gut.
1¾ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup shredded zucchini
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup hemp hearts
½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon zest
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse chickpeas in a food processor until almost smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, onion, hemp hearts, breadcrumbs, basil, garlic powder and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and add to chickpea mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Portion mixture into 8 patties and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned and heated through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings (2 fritters per serving)
Nutritional analysis per serving
10 g fat
15 g protein
34 g carbohydrate (26 g available carbohydrate)
8 g fibre
237 mg sodium